We are pleased to announce a date for reopening...
18 May 2020
As we enter the nineth week of lockdown, I am pleased to be able to tell you that the clinic will reopen to patients from Monday 1st June 2020. But before you phone the clinic to book an appointment please be aware that the reception team will only return to the office after the Bank Holiday, on Tuesday 26th May. If we contacted you in the previous nine weeks to cancel an appointment and you are not in immediate/urgent need of treatment, be reassured that we will be contacting you to reschedule your appointment soon.
There are several significant changes to how we will be running the clinic in order to keep both staff and patients safe. Please read through our NEW OPERATING POLICY very carefully so that you can understand what these changes are and what you need to do before attending the clinic for treatment. We are sure that you will understand the reasons why we have had to bring these changes into the operating of the clinic.
NEW OPERATING POLICY FOR ABBEY CHIROPRACTIC
Following advice from the Government, Public Health England and the Royal College of Chiropractors our general rules for operating will be as follows;
- Any patient considered to be in the SHIELDING (high risk/clinically extremely vulnerable) or VULNERABLE (moderate risk/clinically vulnerable) groups should refrain from attending the clinic for face-to-face treatment.
- We ask that patients do not arrive at the clinic too early for their appointment; we encourage in-car waiting and queuing outside the clinic using social distancing.
- We ask that all patients wear their own face covering when attending the clinic; a strict no mask, no appointment policy will be enforced.
- We expect everyone to adhere to the social distancing policy in waiting areas (both inside and outside the clinic) and especially at the reception desk.
- We will only accept “contactless” card payments.
- We ask that all patients disinfect their hands when entering the clinic.
- We advise our patients that our washroom/toilet facilities are closed.
- We ask our patients to enter the clinic on their own and any travel companions are to stay in the car. One parent/guardian will be permitted in the case of minors.
- We ask that all unnecessary items be left in the car e.g.: jewellery, coats etc.
- Patients are asked to bring their own appropriate/comfortable clothing for treatment as we will not be providing gowns at the practice.
- In some cases, patients may be asked to have their temperature taken and answer specific health questions to ensure everyone’s safety – please do not be offended by this.
- Patients will be asked to sign a Coronavirus Consent Form prior to treatment.
- We encourage our patients to wash their clothes once they return home.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding, patience, support and valued custom at this difficult time. Abbey Chiropractic